Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Euphoric



     Janice Ross is a happy person. She goes to work every day with a cup of coffee in her hand and a smile on her face. She enjoys her job immensely; not in the way some people do, with their words only. No, Janice means it when she says she lives for her work.

     On this particular day, Janice is especially gleeful. You see, just the day before she discovered that her two-timing, good for nothing ex-husband was on the schedule for a routine operation, nothing out of the ordinary, certainly nothing that would require the long, intensive recovery time that Janice had in mind for him.

     Janice smiled to herself as she sat down at her computer desk, coffee in hand, and began typing out the doctor’s dictation from the day before, only she was careful to omit some words and put a few extra in, like delusional, in case he should insist he wasn’t scheduled for a radical bowel resection.

41 comments:

  1. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned..."

    DANG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I agree with Jay. :) Happy E day--and well, I really DO like to work, but not for the same reason Janice does. ;)
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOL! Short, not so sweet...but dang funny. I hope the guy survives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure he'll make it and be back on his feet again in a few months or so.

      Delete
  4. Lovely. =) Made me laugh, just what I needed for today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwah ha ha ha ha! This is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha....wow! No wonder she was loving her job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revenge. Hope it doesn't backfire on her. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Awesome to start my day laughing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, and thank you for reposting this.

      Delete
  9. Ooh, flash fiction - great idea for A-Z!
    Is it bad that this post made me gleeful? She's so delightfully malicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wrong wrong wrong, but the 2timer deserves it! Go Janice!

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand the powerful feeling Janice had at that moment. Payback does that for you. Or so I'm told. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she took the word euphoric to the extreme.

      Delete
  12. Hahaha. Good one. Flash for A to Z good idea.

    Visiting from the A to Z http://elizabethwatgibson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find you reap what you sow but I will let God take care of vengeance but sometimes this is hard to do. Thank you for bringing up this thought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya, well. . . I think I'm on the side of the ex-husband with this one. I hope she rots in jail. :)

    Thanks for the entertaining story.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how the first impression you give us of the main character is not the same as the final impression you leave us with. You made her go full circle in just a matter of a few paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

      Delete
  16. Yowza! What a masterfully told tale with a wicked twist!
    (Remind me never to tick you off.) ;-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scariest thing of all? I'm a psych nurse.
      P.S. I didn't let my husband read this one.

      Delete
  17. OHhh, she is getting her own back for sure! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great theme for the challenge - short, interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete