Saturday, April 21, 2012

R and S are for Sweet Revenge



I’ll pretend I didn’t forget to post on R and did this simultaneous post on purpose.
Actually it worked out rather well, because there are lots of different types of revenge (I’m speaking strictly literary here).  There is the unfulfilled revenge and the revenge gone wrong.  But that’s not what I’m discussing here. I’m talking about the Sweet Revenge, like in the Count of Monte Cristo, and Shawshank Redemption. I love both of these stories. Both protagonists were wronged, and both came out victoriously in the end in such a satisfying way. 

Imagine if the ending had been different. In the case of Shawshank Redemption, imagine that Andy didn't have his genius plan come to fruition.  The story wouldn't be even half of what it could be, what it should be, as the following video clearly shows.




No comments:

Post a Comment