Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for depression and other mood disorders

I am a psychiatric nurse. It’s not just my day job, it’s who I am. I love what I do. I get to walk with people through life’s valleys and just be there. Sometimes just being there is the best thing you can do. Even if I were to have my books published, I don’t think I’ll stop doing what I do. Maybe scaled down, but I couldn’t imagine stopping altogether.
It’s real. It’s raw. It’s important.
So the question is- What’s your “day” job – And would you stop if you were published?

4 comments:

  1. I'm a Customer Services Manager for a lunchmeat manufacturer...and no, I would not quit my day job (as much as I really like to just write).

    :)

    DL @ Cruising Altitude 2.0
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a school counselor in a CA public middle school. I love many parts of my work but I am burned out. I would at least cut back to half time and I would paint abstract art and write and read and ride my bike. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My day job is being a mom and a wife and I'd never, ever give either up...not that I could anyway...LOL.

    AtoZChallenge Dragondreamer's Lair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a legal assistant, and I would absolutely give it up if my writing ever takes off.

    ReplyDelete