Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Fun

Is writing Fun?
Sometime yes…sometimes no. There are times when I struggle and after five hours squeeze out three pages. And then there are other times I am so filled with an idea that it practically writes itself.  I can look back and read and see that I got it. I wrote exactly what I wanted the character to say/see/do. 
But those pages I had to push and squeeze in order to write? They’re almost never right.  Usually I look back at them and wonder what I was thinking.
So my new method? If it’s not there, I don’t force it. I have plenty of good reading to do that would be a better use of my time.
And that my friends, is fun.

1 comment:

  1. Good plan. What I do is to write anyway. At least I get the basics down and continue the plot line. I always go back and edit, so I can fill in rich details afterward.

    ReplyDelete