Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Today is THE DAY


This is it. Today is the day my first book, thirty-three long months in the making, comes out.
In true Oscar acceptance style, I want to thank God first. He took this wife/mother/nurse and turned her into a writer with me kicking and screaming most of the way.  Finally I gave in, asking only that if He was going to do this, that He do it with me. And He has.  Secondly and thirdly are my husband and kids. God did a work in them, too, making them able to put up with me.  And my mom, too, who put up with reading revision after revision, always like it was the first time.
Lastly I want to thank all of you. Through your blogs you’ve taught me so much, and through your words you’ve encouraged me to go on.

Even if not one person reads this book, I know I’ve done it. I’ve obeyed. Now I get to sit back and see what God does with it.
Thank you to M. Pax, Ink in the Book, Rachel Morgan, Elise Fallson, and Alex Cavanaugh for your kind offerings to promote this on your blogs.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert at any of this, so when Kathy at I am a reader, not a writer, came to my attention, I begged her to help and she kindly agreed. Today, she set up a book blast for me, and tomorrow begins the tour, mainly reviews. My hope is attraction, not necessary promotion. I hope people will read my book, love it, and tell others about it. That is my hope.

Below I’ve posted the tour schedule if any of you want to check out any of the reviews.  I will be back on Friday for A to Z in review. Until then, have a great couple of days!

-Mel

May 3rd
I Am A Reader, Not A Writer – Interview
Spellbindings – Review
Sarah Aisling – Review
Word to Dreams – Review

May 6th
Reading Away the Days – Interview Guest Post or Tens List
Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews – Review
Sher A Hart: Writing Art – Review
From the Bootheel Cotton Patch -Spotlight

May 7th
She’s Got Books on Her Mind – Review
StoreyBook Reviews – Review
Blkosiner’s Book Blog – Interview Guest Post or Tens List

May 8th
Sarah Ballance - Interview Guest Post or Tens List
Mariela O. Blogs – Review
Sweeping Me – Spotlight

May 9th
The Book Barista – Review & Interview Guest Post or Tens List
Reviews From Here – Review
Books, DIY`s and Randomness – Spotlight

May 10th
A Backward’s Story – Review & Interview Guest Post or Tens List
Indie Author How-to – Interview Guest Post or Tens List
3PsinaPod – Spotlight

May 13th
Immerse in A World of Fiction – Review
Oh, The Books You’ll Read! – Review
Paperback Princess – Interview Guest Post or Tens List

May 14th
Read-A-holicZ – Review
Books and Needlepoint – Review
Peace From Pieces – Interview Guest Post or Tens List

May 15th
Infected Loser – Review
Mythical Books – Review
Good Choice Reading - Interview Guest Post or Tens List

May 16th
Lay Off the Books – Review
Wintry Words- Excerpt
A Blog Hop Place for Books – Spotlight

May 17th
Ohana Day Academy – Review
Emi Gayle – Spotlight
Books Beside My Bed – Excerpt

 

28 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS . It must feel great to hold your very own book in your hands, it was like that for me.I wish you and the book every success. Well done.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats for sure!!! I am going to visit these sites and become familiar with you book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking right along with you. I haven't read any of the reviews yet, so I'll be biting my nails in anticipation.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana; I have been waiting for this for a long, long time.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! You won't ever forget this first book. Doesn't matter what happens now. Besides, if God is guiding you, something great will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Melanie! Got your book cover posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I promised my hubby no more books - I bought a lot during A-Z, but this is A-Z connected right? That's exactly what I thought myself. I look forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Melanie! I'm soooo excited for you!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's very exciting! I loved your shorts during April so they have worked as promotion for me. I'll add this to my TBR. Good luck with the tour - that's an excellent amount of coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Melanie!! Woooo hooo!! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Melanie! I hope it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! Have fun on the tour. Excellent attitude by the way "what God does with it." :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. You have a busy month ahead of you. Good luck again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for you! And it sounds like a cool story, too. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. Looks like you have your promotion dialed in and ready to rock. I'll certainly visit some of these blogs and hopefully get to your book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Melanie, that's some great news. Enjoy the achievement and the best of lucks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you the highest of sales. May your writing dream be all you wished it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, visiting from the IWSG. Congratulations Melanie and good luck with your book.

    Rachna Chhabria
    Co-host IWSG
    Rachna's Scriptorium

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, and here's to an exciting and fruitful May for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy wow! Congratulations! I hope your release day was fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! I'm so excited for you.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I suspect more than one person will read it, Melanie. Though I've only known you a short time, I can tell how much work you've put into this. Congratulations on the launch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting! Congratulations and best of luck ;)

    I'm in a bit of rush right now but I'll come back to click on those linkies!

    ReplyDelete