Friday, May 3, 2013

Reflections of A to Z 2013



This is my third consecutive year of participating in Arlee’s brainchild; the infamous A to Z. But this is the first year I’ve really gotten into it. Not the posting part; the visiting part. So, needless to say, this was the first year I really got IT.

And what do I mean by IT?

I got to meet all of you.
I saw some amazing handmade maps, read about an awesome pregnant woman who runs miles every day, praising God the entire time; I read stories that kept me coming back every day, begging for more; I leaned 26 new ology words and words I cannot pronounce. I learned that it was cool to grow up in the 80’s. I saw a man get hundreds of comments on his own blog, but still manage to come to mine to encourage me. I learned that Greek Myth is both fascinating and depressing. I saw beautiful pictures from people’s backyards and from their trips around the world. I was introduced to books, lovely, amazing books, and received generous tips on how to market my own.  I met an incredible woman, counting down to retirement, listing off all she wants to accomplish when she gets there; but from reading her blog she seems to already be doing most of it. Amazing. Each and every one of you.

You took the time to come back to my site, read my stories, and encourage me.  Thank you. And a special thank you to Matt MacNish for including me as one of his minions.
I know Arlee and all the co-hosts of A to Z have promised to read each and every one of these posts, so I want to take this opportunity to say thank you. Thank you for coming up with this crazy way to bring us all together. You’re doing a great job. Don’t change a thing