Monday, May 20, 2013

Schedule Change/ Review Steamy-Reamy


Good morning everyone. I’m changing the lineup this week a little due to some wonderful Blog Hops I got/get to participate in. Today, I’m doing a review for To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World by Emily White. Tomorrow, stop back to see the lovely animated cover Rachel from Morgan Media made for me. You’re going to love it. On Wednesday, I’ll be participating in Secondary Characters Blog hop from Writing on the Wall, and then on Friday, I’ll post my short for the week; all mixed up and backwards, I know, but it turns out that if you want to participate in blog hops, and I do, sometimes you have to throw the schedule out the window.
Now, on to Steamy-Reamy:
To Love or Die is a collection of steam punk essays that are all connected, but I did not realize that at first. In fact it wasn’t until I was on the third one that a light bulb went on in my head. I don’t know if that was White’s intent, but it certainly added to the drama of the story. The story itself is written splendidly. It is sparse, which I love, and just as a warming; the book is sparse, too; aka it’s short.
Now, that maybe just what you need, some splendid writing to enjoy from beginning to end in a couple of hours, or you may be like me and want more. Now.
Thankfully, this is a series and the second one is due out this summer.
Thank you Emily for showing me what Steam Punk means. Before this book, I had no idea.
Emily White’s Links:
Her Blog: http://emilytwhite.blogspot.com

 

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been looking for some good steampunk. :)
    Can't wait to see your post Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it is, but I've never read a steampunk book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short is good, and good Steampunk can be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules Verne was the original steam punk, right? Or was it H.G. Wells?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since the book is too short for you, what do you wish they'd covered, or covered in greater depth? I'm a total newbie to Steampunk works, in theory and in fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing that I can think of, it was just one of those reads that went really fast; probably because it was so good. was missing.

      Delete