Friday, May 24, 2013

Celebrating a Big Thing


 
I know I promised a short story for today, but I had something so incredible happen that I wanted to share it with you instead.

So, I’m celebrating the small things this Friday with a not so very small thing.

A little over a month ago I submitted my book, The Newstead Project to Compulsions Reads. For those of you who do not know about them, they are a group that endorses small press and indie authors. But they are highly selective; that’s the point. As most of us know, there are literally millions of indie books out there, some of which shouldn’t be.  That’s where Compulsion Reads comes in. They will review your book, for a fee, and decide if yours makes the cut. Less than half do. If yours happens to be one of the few selected, you get the honor of having their seal on your book and your book displayed in their library.

I know you know what’s coming next, but I’m going to say it anyhow: My book was accepted!!!

Here is the lovely seal that now gets to grace the cover of my book:
 
 
Pretty, isn’t it?

You can check it out at http://www.compulsionreads.com/

Have a great Memorial Weekend for all you USAers, and all you who are not. Due to the holiday, I won’t be posting on Monday; instead, my normal short story will come on Tuesday. Take care everyone!

18 comments:

  1. That is just awesome!!! Congratulations, Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got chills Melanie! Congrats on an awesome job well done! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing news Melanie!! Huge congrats to you- way to go. What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of that group before, but that's amazing news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is awesome! Celebration is definitely in order. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting! Congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! And thanks for introducing this option. I will definitely consider this - there seems to be quite a few benefits, even if you don't make the cut, with the feedback you get. Keep us posted on your progress. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome sauce -- congratulations!
    In Medias Res

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's truly awesome! I'm surprised though ;) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW CONGRATS! That's great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, congratulations! I hope their running the review nets you many new readers.

    ReplyDelete