Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Short Story


Good morning everyone, I hope all of you had a memorable Memorial Day.

My family did what we always do; we went to a huge flea market that's held in the town we grew up in every Memorial Day. It isn't (usually) for the second hand typewriters or the handmade dish clothes that brings us back each year. It's the people. At one time these people were a huge part of our lives. Now we only see them once a year. I guess that's our own way of remembering.

The line up for this week will be a short story for today, Get Healthy bloghop for Wednesday, Fairytale Prince bloghop for Thursday, followed by my review of the book The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan on Friday.

Until then, here is my super short:

She tipped her head to the side as she spotted me moving in closer. This was no demure wallflower, but a rose, beckoning me, welcoming me forward. I hesitated, waiting for her to make the next move. She swayed slightly, as a breeze filled the air around me with her scent. It was too much for me. I rushed closer until I was on top of her, inside of her, enveloped in her silky softness. My mind was mad with the scent, the taste, as I had my fill of her again and again.

I pulled back and looked at her, she lay completely open before me, as drunk on love as I was.

"Good-bye for now, my morning flower," I murmured as I left her to go back to the hive.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's really the birds and the bees! (Or the bees and the flowers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a good flea market.

    Hehe, loved that short...very imaginative :)

    ReplyDelete