Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Secondary Characters Bloghop


Today I’m participating in Secondary Characters Bloghop hosted by Rachel at Writing on the Wall. You can find the link on the left.

Basically, it’s about secondary characters in books or movies that steal the show.

I’m going to appear slightly teenie-bopperish* here and talk about Twilight. No, I’m not talking about how I like Jacob over Edward.

I’m talking Alice over Bella.

Now don’t get me wrong, I loved Bella. Meyers has that gift in her that makes you love all her characters, but I have to admit, I loved Alice slightly more.

Alice was very comfortable in her own skin. She knew who she was and liked herself for it and she had every right to.  She was loyal and strong and let’s face it; kick a**.

While Bella had strength in her own way, I felt many times she was outshined by Alice, who was always quietly there, ready to help pick her up when she failed.

Who are your favorite secondary characters?

 

*I don’t know if that’s a word or not, but it felt right in this particular situation.

19 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. I loved Alice, and Jasper too. Their story and their connection.

    They are the ones I'd most like to learn more about. Like have a companion novel written about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alice, she's one of my favourite characters in the books. She's got so much personality, and I love her relationship with Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me how much depth Meyer brought to all of her minor characters. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I loved Alice way more than Bella any day! Meyers did a great job with her secondary characters by far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice was a fun character. I liked her better than Bella, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice pick and great new word!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually preferred Alice over most of the other characters! And I really like the actress they had play her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! One of my favorite secondary character is Sam from LOTR for many of the same reasons . . .he's strong in this constant, steadfast way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alice was a great character. She really flitted to center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Jacob over Edward. Jacob had a sincere heart and a dedication to his tribe. Edward had great hair and tortured eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that word. I'm going to add it to my new vocabulary. It comes right after awesomesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy you picked Alice! She was definitely my favorite character in the books! Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admit I've never read the books or seen the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree; Alice was a freakin' awesome character. And it is now a word because I'm pretty sure everyone knows what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree too. Alice had a lot more personality than Bella. And 'teenie-bopperish' is a great word! (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...oh yeah, that's definitely a word ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete