Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Secondary Characters Bloghop


Today I’m participating in Secondary Characters Bloghop hosted by Rachel at Writing on the Wall. You can find the link on the left.

Basically, it’s about secondary characters in books or movies that steal the show.

I’m going to appear slightly teenie-bopperish* here and talk about Twilight. No, I’m not talking about how I like Jacob over Edward.

I’m talking Alice over Bella.

Now don’t get me wrong, I loved Bella. Meyers has that gift in her that makes you love all her characters, but I have to admit, I loved Alice slightly more.

Alice was very comfortable in her own skin. She knew who she was and liked herself for it and she had every right to.  She was loyal and strong and let’s face it; kick a**.

While Bella had strength in her own way, I felt many times she was outshined by Alice, who was always quietly there, ready to help pick her up when she failed.

Who are your favorite secondary characters?

 

*I don’t know if that’s a word or not, but it felt right in this particular situation.