Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's Up Wednesday



1.      What I’m reading:  Right now, I’m just starting Mocking Jay. I’ve read it before, but I tend to re-read things I really like. I am looking for another few books to read while I’m waiting for Alex Cavanaugh’s CassaStar to be released. Any suggestions?

2.      What I’m writing:  This week I’m going over my editor’s final edits for Bashan Agenda, which is scheduled to be released November 1st, so I need to get working on them. And, of course, I’m writing my 500 word short story for my blogfest on Monday. If you haven’t signed up yet, now’s your chance.

3.      What else I’ve been up to: School starts next week, so any meeting, any appointment, anything and everything, I’ve got crammed into this week so I’ll be able to give my full attention next week to where it belongs. Aka: A lot of craziness in the Schulz household right now. I never knew I could be so productive. Keep that under wraps by the way, I don’t want my family thinking I can go like this all the time.

4.      What’s inspiring me right now: Last night I sat out on my front porch and closed my eyes and listened to it rain.  It was a slow, steady, healing sound; just what I needed to hear with all my aforesaid craziness. That’s what’s inspiring me I guess. That somewhere out there, there is something steady.
 
What are you up to this Wednesday?
 
 
Don't forget to sign up for my blogfest!
 




16 comments:

  1. Deep breath - next week will turn out fine.
    Glad you're excited about my book! Hope it doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to rain, it's so calming :)
    Good luck working on your final edits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to sit and listen to the rain. For reading suggestions, I just read Scorched by Mari Mancusi and All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill & Deception by C.J. Redwine. All are very good. I'll be interviewing Alex and giving away an ARC of his book on 9/16 if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I have any suggestions... Is the moon made of cheese? Name your mood and I'll give you ten--but right now I'm thinking Michael Vey. Oh my goodness, what an awesome series. We are anxiously awaiting the release of book #3 next month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of rain. Growing up in Oregon, I heard a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not going to be around much on Monday so I'll miss the blogfest. I love going over final edits and listening to the rain. Good luck with all the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of rain too, though I don't like being rained on. :) I've always wanted to have my own front porch, as well as a porch swing. Then, like you, I'll be able to sit outside even when it rains. It does seem like everything gets more chaotic once school starts. That's why I wish that summer didn't have to end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I'd recommend reading The School of Good and Evil. It's an MG, but it's so cute. I ate it up in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love rain at night. It's knocks me right out.

    I'm also looking forward to the blogfest next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should re-read books more. I never re-read books as a rule, not just because my TBR is the size of Mississippi, but also because, well, I don't know.

    Great. Now I have to figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wouldn't I give to hear a long healing soaking rain? In my dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post. Looks like a nice week. Great on your writing.

    ENJOY the rest of the week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Listening to the rain sounds awesome right now. Interestingly enough, it's been raining plenty here, but when it does, it hails and thunders constantly. Not exactly the peaceful type of listening experience...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am up to not much. Just finished a quilt and turned it into the quilt shop to be quilted. It is hot hot hot. Oh, for a few drops of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm reading The Returned by Jason Mott. Very interesting plot and premise. Some interesting moral issues too!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  16. I reread Jane Austen a lot. And I've reread Neverwhere by Gaiman. Oh, and Anne of Green Gables a gazillion times. Right now I'm reading, Zelfar the Discovery, by Ruth Colter.

    ReplyDelete