Friday, August 2, 2013

Celebrate and Express



The small things I’m celebrating this week are some really good things coming together for book #3 of the Newstead Trilogy. The edits are going well, but more than that, I got in touch with the artist who is doing the cover, Allen Waite, and I’m super excited where he’s going with this. It should be done some time in November, so I’ll be sure to show all of you. It was just one of those meeting of the minds moments that are so rare and therefore so special. Other than that life is going relatively normal. Which is a blessing in its own way, I guess.

 

And the Express Yourself question for this week is…What are you looking forward to in August?

August is gearing up to be a rather busy month. I have two art shows I’m participating in, which means two weekends away, and the fam and I are going camping for a few nights right in the middle of August. I hope to get the edits on my third book done, so I can work on a final lookover of the second in September. I homeschool, so August will also probably be filled with going over lesson plans. And then there’s the garden…

So-what am I looking forward to in August? Trying to squeeze in some quiet time.

How about you?

20 comments:

  1. That's great you and your cover artist are on the same page. Look forward to the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are coming together for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. That is great.
    I am hoping fingers crossed that things are on the up this month for me too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how a month that was supposed to be down time can get so busy? I hope you find your quite moments for editing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have a garden, but I live in an apartment building so it's unfortunately not an option. I've never been camping before, but it sounds like fun. This month I'd like to go to at least one or two more neighborhood festivals in Chicago. The festivals are my favorite part of summer in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you sound busy. I need to get my manuscript revised and to my editor. That's what I'll be doing. Yup, the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful August with so much done! School starts here in two weeks! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound like you have a lot on your plate! I'm in awe of people who homeschool. I just couldn't do it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The summer is always busy! Have a fab August.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief, it sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you. What kind of art do you do? I'm excited for your cover for you! I've been working pretty closely with my guy, and I'm really excited about it. Here's to finding some alone time for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, we're going to art shows to market our books. Some shows are better than others, but all in all it's been good.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, enjoy camping! My husband loves camping so much we'd probably go every weekend if I didn't protest! Good luck with your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Art shows? Now that's interesting!
    Sounds like you have some busy times ahead... and enjoy the camping. I'm not a camping type of person... definitely NOT if it includes a sleeping bag!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I retired my sleeping bag a while ago, now we have a hotel room on wheels: aka camper.

      Delete
  13. Seeing the end of what has surely been a long tunnel in the process of completing your third book is celebration worthy indeed! Sounds like you have a lovely month ahead of you.

    Brandy's Bustlings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woot! There's nothing like it: that moment when you meet someone who has the same creative vision and the world explodes! I just landed me an editor who's exactly that dynamic, so I know exactly what you mean. Can't wait to see your cover--and good luck with the homeschool prep. I'll be doing the exact same thing. (Which means I better get through these edits ASAP!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A meeting of the minds is a wonderful thing- speaking of that- you're a fellow homeschooler?

      Delete
  15. I love camping. I wish my husband liked it so we would actually go! Great job on your 3rd book! You are doing great with this trilogy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. August for us is last minute cramming to get stuff done before school starts on Aug. 15th around here.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete