Thursday, August 22, 2013
Passing on the Shine
This post is to say a special thank you to Crystal Collier http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/ for giving me the Shine On Award. Basically, I'm supposed to say seven things about myself and then pass the award onto seven other people. Sounds simple right? Except how do I possibly choose? I decided to narrow it down to just the guys- no offense girls, I'm just making up for the time I had to leave the guys out with the whole Sisterhood award thing. Even with that, this has been hard, so, I'm sorry if I left some of you out.
First off, Alex Cavanaugh at alexj.cavanaugh.blogspot.com It didn't take me too long to notice Alex was always the first one to comment on all of my posts, and from what I've seen from being around the blog world is that mine isn't the only one. I have no idea how he does it. Alex, you humble and amaze me.
D.L Hammons at Cruising Altitude 2.0 DL, I love visiting your blog, from your amazing stories, to your encouragement, to your Write Club; yours is the one blog I never want to miss.
Micheal DiGeshu at In Time. If you haven't been to this man's blog yet, you should. He is so encouraging- and a great resource for writers.
John at The Bathroom Monologes. John frequently posts short stories and snippets that are full of tension and turns, leaving me always eagerly waiting to see what he comes up with next.
Brandon and Bryan at A Beer for my Shower. I just found this one and I can't get enough- thanks jaybird for the recommendation. This blog is so funny! Seriously, seriously funny.
Mark Means at Left and Write. This man is brilliant. Brilliant I say.
Jay Noel at jaynoel.com. I've always connected to Jay. He is so authentically real.
Now seven things about me:
1. I met my husband when I was fifteen. He was twenty-one and the finest thing I've ever seen, before or since.
2. I am a psychiatric nurse and I wish I was allowed to tell the stories I see lived out everyday.
3. I went to school to be a chef (before nursing school).
4. I suffered with infertility for three years before I had my first daughter, eight with my second. My boy was a miraculous surprise.
5. I am a Christian.
6. I have never moved more than twenty miles from where I grew up.
7. I homeschool my three children.
Well that's all- Don't forget to sign up for my blogfest going on in September!