Monday, August 26, 2013

Schooled


School. For some of us it’s a way of life, for others it’s some distant memory in our past that either conjures good memories or bad, depending on our experiences. I’ve had to visit school a lot in the recent years, partially because of my books, and partially because I’m homeschooling my children (and as it turns out, me). I see in their experiences all my misses. I never read the Federalist Papers-did you? Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever read any original sources, just piles and piles of textbooks that abridged the histories and stories. I don’t want that for myself, or for them-someone else’s interpretations. I don’t want to read or live second-hand. A lot of people ask me why we homeschool, and that answer is part of it. There’s something in the discovery of a thing, and it’s never too late to start.

Are you homeschooled?