Friday, August 30, 2013

Celebrating, Expressing, Confessing



Today I’m doing a threesome. I’m Celebrating the Small Things, Expressing, and Confessing. Don’t go away, I promise I’ll explain.  

 


First, I’m participating in Confessions blogfest by Dani over at Entertaining Interests, which means I have to tell you something, preferably something humbling/embarrassing.

Here it is:

There is actually a reason my handwriting is so horrible (and it is, even doctors complain about it). It has nothing to do with my penmanship or my lame excuse that my mind is working so fast my hand can’t keep up. It’s because I’m a bad speller. I’d rather people think I was sloppy than stupid. I’m not kidding; you should see all the red on this page right now. All I can say is thank God for spellcheck.

 


The small thing I’m celebrating for this week is that it’s over. And I survived. Next week has no meetings, no appointments, no schedules, except, of course, my blogfest, but that’s not work, that’s something I’ve been looking forward to.

 

 
 
 
 
The Express Yourself question for this week is: What is your favorite Childhood book/movie? I think I addressed this last week when I mentioned my favorite comfort books, but maybe not, because that was a long list and today I have to pick just one. This is quite hard, but I guess it would be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved the idea of all that candy. Maybe I could have avoided my lifelong struggle with my weight if I’d favored James and the Giant Peach instead, but alas, such is life.

Confessions anyone? Celebrating any small things? Favorite childhood book?

Have a great weekend everyone! Don’t forget to stop back on Monday for the Red, White, and Blue makes Purple blogfest!

18 comments:

  1. hehe Clever. My favorite childhood book is Something Big Has Been Here.

    I'd join Celebrate the Small Things, but I think all of mine would just be celebrations that it's Friday. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sloppy no one can see the mistakes? Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same as you about this week. I'm glad it's over. It was a rough one. Hopefully, I can recharge the batteries this weekend and gear up for the first day of school drama my three tween girls will surely bring next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You confession really surprised me, but not in a bad way. That is such a great confession. And to tell you the truth... my spelling is also not the best either.

    I'm glad this week is over as well. Have good weekend!!

    Great choices and reasons for your fav childhood movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bad speller too, only I never thought of that messy handwriting, until now. Thanks.

    Rhonda @Laugh Quotes
    Visiting today from the Celebrate blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too, both the book and the film version. I have to admit that the film version scared me when I was a kid; I thought that the spoiled kids "never escaped" at first, before I read the book and realized that the Oompa Loompas saved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a clever solution! I love Roald Dahl books, I had a big treasury when I was little that I loved to read over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a horrible speller and wouldn't survive without spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL... great confession... all hail the mighty Spellcheck! I think we ALL depend on it. Could you even imagine the social networking world without it? Actually, I could give you a link to my little brother's Facebook page and I think you'd get a pretty good sense of what things would be like... and you'd feel a lot better about your own spelling abilities ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm dropping by for your goals update. If you post it later drop by and leave me a link. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an interesting confession, and a good solution to a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for surviving. Favorite childhood book ... battle between Man O'War by Walter Farley and Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have terrible handwriting because I have terrible handwriting. I don't even have and excuse for it.

    I don't think I had a favorite childhood book, but my favorite move was The Goonies. Watched that movie sooooooo many times.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice confession, and great solution! Thanks for joining our blogfest and the EYM meme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Favorite childhood book would have to be Kipling's Jungle Book - I was captivated by the idea of living with, and communicating with, jungle creatures. (And there are some who might believe that I was raised by wolves if they observe me tackling a bucket of fried chicken.) I suppose that's my confession - I'm a messy eater. And I think that's worse than bad handwriting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You survived the week! HURRAH.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All kinds of good stuff! As a kid, I really enjoyed THE HOBBIT -- so much that I read it with my students every year. Nope, not sick of it yet. (Too bad the movie stank.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also loved Roald Dahl as a kid, and I still do now. I'm excited for your meeting free week!

    ReplyDelete