Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What's up Wednesday

What's up Wednesday is a lovely idea by Erin at
http://erinlfunk.blogspot.ca/ and Jaime at 
http://www.jaime-morrow.com/ . It's meant to help us get to know each other a little better.

What I'm reading: Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Every once in a while I get in the mood for the classics and I guess I'm in one.

What I'm writing: Right now I'm working on revisions on Rephaim, my third book in the Newstead Trilogy, and final (hopefully) edits on Bashan.

What's inspiring me right now: Being outside. There's a little stream deep in the woods not too far from my house where I like to go and sit. Some day this week I want to take my laptop there and just write and see what comes out.

What else I've been up to: Summer is pretty short here, so I'm trying to soak as much of it in as possible before the white stuff shows up. I've been camping and hanging out by the beach and just enjoying my family as much as possible. This weekend is the final stop for the Newstead book tour. We're headed to Hammondsport, one of the best places on earth. It's right on the tip of Keuka Lake, surrounded by rolling hills and wineries. Should be lovely.

What are you reading or writing? What's inspiring you right now? What else have you been up to?

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your revisions and edits :)
    I actually can't wait until winter arrives here, it's my favourite season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beaches, yay! I wish I lived on the beach again. I'd go out and watch the kids splash in the waves while typing away on my laptop. Alas, the hurricane risk isn't quite worth it.

    Here's hoping your edits/writing go as planned. I'm waiting for the final copy edits on a book while penning out the last 10K of the sequel. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it was cool enough to go sit outside here, although today isn't too bad.
    Keep editing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book stop this weekend sounds wonderful. I love touring wineries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, boating, lol! With all the rain and flooding boating seems good.

    Right now I'm in between books. I just finished up Grace Burrows' The Heir--she writes an excellent historical. Very character driven and I really like her characters. Not much is inspiring me right now. Been working and like you, being outside. I've been doing a lot of walking which clears my mind and body of stress and keeps the homicidal tendencies at bay. I'm not even ready to think about white stuff although if I'm given a choice between snow and ice storms, snow wins. I was telling my husband, it's almost September! What the hell happened to summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite things to do is write outside. I have a little stream near where I live too. It's one of my favorite places, so long as the bugs leave me alone.

    - James

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm busy reading the Debt Collector series by Susan Kaye Quinn. Loving it! She writes SO well!
    Keep being inspired :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, Treasure Island, a favorite. You are so lucky to have a running creek to sit besides. Do take advantage of it. Our creeks are dry here and the river is getting too low for comfort. Four years of drought is taking its toll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I (finally) read Treasure Island last year and actually enjoyed it. This warm weather is inspiring me a-plenty... I'm just sad it'll be gone in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Go! Go write by that stream. Do it for me, because I can't :) Also, I love Treasure Island. It's a definite favorite of mine, especially where classics are concerned.

    ReplyDelete