Friday, August 23, 2013

Celebrate Friday


 
Hello Everyone, It’s time again for my weekly Celebrate the Small Things and Express Yourself.

This week has been kind of crazy. I finished my book tour on Sunday, and then the rest of this week has been spent working on my mother’s surprise sixtieth birthday party that we’re having at our house tomorrow. Or at least it used to be a surprise. My super-sweet six-year old nephew was in the car with my mom last week and this was how the conversation went:

“Mema?”

“Yes, Gabriel?”

“I’m not supposed to tell you something.”

“Okay, then don’t.”

“I’m not supposed to tell you about the party at Aunt Melanie’s house next Saturday for your birthday.”

Oops.


The hilarious thing is? He still swears he didn’t tell her. Kids are too funny. But as it turns out, my mom would’ve hated having it be a surprise, and now can sit back and look forward to the party. I guess things work out for the best in the end.

So that’s the small thing I’m celebrating this week-the surprise that wasn’t.
 

 
 
 

The Express Yourself question for the week is what is your favorite comfort book/movie? For me it tends to be anything I enjoyed when I was a child: Laura Ingalls, Anne of Green Gables, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, the Ramona books, The Indian in the Cupboard. I love re-reading these books- and I often do, whenever I need to sit back and just enjoy a good book.

What is your favorite comfort movie/book?