Friday, August 9, 2013

Imagination...Express...Celebrate



Today I’m concluding the bloghop that began one week ago. We were to post our ideas on getting that creative spark, and then visit each other to gain inspiration. As it always seems in this blogging world, I get more than I give. Some of you had some amazing suggestions, but the one I’ve put to use the most is creating a timeline. In my books there is a sort of progressive revelation, and I was finding that certain aspects were showing up too early. So I’m making a time line as to when things should be discovered so I can cut out anything that’s not supposed to be there. Thanks Spunky for your suggestion. I also tried writing in the dark last night- very intense- suggest you all try it at least once.

The Express yourself question for today is: What book/movie characters do you relate to most?

This is a tough one. I tend to relate to all kinds of characters. I guess my best answer is not type of character, but type of writing. I like to walk along with a character while he/she is going through whatever horrible/wonderful things are happening to them. I’m a very visual person, so I need to feel like I’m literally there.
 
This week the small things I’m celebrating are a plentiful garden, plenty of just-right sunshine, and my daughter cleaning the entire house all by herself. Now that was a nice surprise, let me tell you.

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad the timeline idea worked for you. When I was writing my 5 book series, that timeline saved me more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh writing in the dark, I imagine that would produce some interesting results, I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That writing in the dark thing sounds super interesting and creepy! I have to try it!! I'm very visual too so I agree with you on your type of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you. I relate to any character as long as they're not too whiny or boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunshine and someone else doing the cleaning would be great things to celebrate for me! Characters I relate to most are those that end up transforming who they are - personality wise - where they in essence become different people in the end. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knee-jerk reaction was that the character I relate to the best is the one that suffers. It sounds totally emo, but if it's well done, I appreciate the emotional spectrum/connection it can give me. I also connect with strong, independent females because I'm somewhat like that myself. However, I'm fascinated by some romance lead characters because I'm not like that, and sometimes wish I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter cleaning the house is a celebration ;) How lovely.

    ReplyDelete