Saturday, April 2, 2011

B- for Blonde Jokes

Have you heard the one about the blonde...?

No, I haven't. In fact most of the stories I have read lately have all had anything but blonde MCs. I know that there are some out there, but they are few and far between.

My theory? We are so afraid to create Barbies that we avoid it all together.

At least that is what it was for me.  How about for you?

On another note... I revised my pitch. (again) Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. They were all seriously taken. So forgive me as I combine the two blog fests into one post (A-Z, and Epic Follower Blogfest/Contest)
My latest pitch:

He is deceived. She is blinded by prejudice.
A school? A cult.
Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they're not out to get you.

Are you allowed to seperate the lines like this? I didn't know, but I thought it added to the voice.

3 comments:

  1. I think we are afraid to make barbies and therefore tend to stray away from blonde characters. But I also think, on the other hand, some writers who want barbies will automatically go with the blonde stereotype. Though I haven't seen that in all the books I've read, I have seen it in some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's a rule either.

    I haven't read your previous version(s), so a fresh opinion: you've allllmost got me, but you're using a kinda canned statement (Just because...) and it let me down a little. Can you be more specific?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story sound super interesting. But when I read the pitch, the first two lines sounded like "Pride and Prejudice." I scrolled down and actually liked some of the earlier drafts better.

    Good luck. You've got an intriguing premise!

    ReplyDelete