Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A to Z: Y is for Yes

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.

 
Y is for Yes

 
“Did you go to school today?” the mother asks, knowingly.

“Yes.”

The mother frowns. “And did you see your teacher there?”

“Yes.”

The frown deepens. “And did you do all your work?”

“Yes.”
She tries one last time, hoping for an ounce of truth, “Did Billy go to school today?”

The child looks up, eyes as bright as the sun. “Naw, not Billy; he ain’t never go to school.  He’s too busy catching fish. You know; man stuff. Real stuff. Hey, you want to see the fish we done caught down by the river today?”

“No.”
 
 
-Mel

8 comments:

  1. I thought this was going to be a marriage proposal story. You fooled me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Sounds like school might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought as Chrys. I love when kids are still naive enough to get caught. My youngest has almost learned better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the invisible best friend... Mister Nobody... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent piece of flash fiction. Nicely done. :-) One more letter. Congrats on making through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom radars are amazing.

    Glad I found a fellow writer! Fulfilling Dreams

    ReplyDelete