Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A to Z: X

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.

 
X

In the spirit of David Letterman, I present you with: Top ten list to becoming a writer


10.  Read good books

9.      Learn Grammar

 8.  Learn how to spell

7.      Find a place to write

 6.  Find something to write on (notebook, computer)

5.      Find something to write about

4.  Read more good books

3.  Write

2.      Write

And finally, the number one thing to help you become a writer: Write some more.
 
-Mel

10 comments:

  1. I think you've got everything covered there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget edit--edit until your eyes bleed! Muhahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Although I think I would add in: "drink lots of coffee."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. Writing is obvious the thing that makes a writer a writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiration would have to be on my list. Also other writers! The other writers you have the pleasure of interacting with are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. You seem to hit all the things most needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially agree with your points about learning grammar and spelling; sometimes I read books that are filled with grammatical errors, and it bothers me that neither the writers nor the editors caught them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post. I think you covered everything. :)

    ReplyDelete