Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A to Z: S is for Savor

For A to Z 2015 I will be posting flash fiction, all random, all the crazy musings of a crazy mind. Hope you like them.

S is for Savor

My eyelids flutter shut, an automatic response to the vapors wafting towards me. I inhale deeply, filling my nose, my mind with what will soon be mine:  All bitterness and sweet, creamy and frothy. It’s love in a cup.

The mug is warm as it grazes my lips, a foretaste of the bliss to come, and it is bliss. Bliss as it fills my mouth; bliss as it lingers there, enveloping each one of my taste buds. Finally I give in, I swallow, letting escape the contented moan that has threatened to break free since that first inhale. And then another, and another.

-Mel

17 comments:

  1. They really, really like coffee. Or maybe hot chocolate. But now I wonder what is lacking in their life that they take such solace in this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a moment, I thought that was saviour and then I began reading. What Nick said, but I'm saying coffee all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate. Definitely hot chocolate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee of hot cocoa? That seems to be the popular questions here. ;) I imagined hot cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would have thought a hot cup of something aromatic could bring such bliss?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's love in a cup- what a great way to describe it. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I have to pause my blog visits and go get a cuppa. Thanks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you've done it. I haven't had my blissful cup yet, so I'll have to quit AtoZing and make myself one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, that reminds me, I haven't had my coffee today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely experience. Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that's my experience of my first cup of coffee every day….

    ReplyDelete
  12. That has to be coffee you're describing :) I'm a tea drinker and there isn't the froth, or the aroma, but I have been known to sigh after the first sip (i am just so English ;P).
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that what it's like to be a coffee addict? I tell you, I was "this" close to trying to become one this morning. Went to bed at 3:30 AM, editing to hit a hard deadline. Maybe I need an IV of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any chance you can do this one again - only with a glass of Napa Valley Cabernet.

    Stay thirsty, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Mark's idea -- do it again with a glass of wine. I enjoyed your piece of flash fiction. I don't drink coffee so I don't know that feeling. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's how I feel about my coffee every morning!
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete