Monday, July 8, 2013

Ramblings


Good morning, I hope all of you had a great weekend. We were supposed to get rain every day, but it was kind enough to only come out at night, which worked out great for the impromptu party we had yesterday. It was great: family, grilled seafood, and a pool; never a bad combination. And my daughter got back from Texas early that morning, so what I thought was going to be a rather boring Sunday, ended up being one for the memory books. J
The line-up for this week is “Always do the thing that scares you” blog hop on July the tenth hosted by Justine Dell, and then on Friday I’ll be doing a review of the book CassaStar by Alex Cavanaugh. I’ve been wanting to read this book for a while, as well as the second, CassaFire, so I’ll be ready for when CassaStorm comes out in September.

This week I’m working hard on line edits for the third book in my Newstead Trilogy. It was a lot easier with the first two, but with this last one I need to make sure all the twists are answered and make some kind of sense. It does in my mind, but getting it that way on paper is something different altogether. It’s hard because this is the last one and I don’t want it to end. I’ve grown rather attached to these characters and the idea of not spending several hours together each day makes me sad. Has that ever happened to any of you- the dread that comes as the last few pages are on the horizon?

11 comments:

  1. Oh hey, that's my book! Oh, the pressure.
    It was sad to complete the third book, but I was ready to move on. Byron and I had a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my characters. Sometimes I think about writing one more book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started writing the last of a series too, but it will spin off another one. So, I'm only a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best on getting your edits done. Sounds like you had a marvelous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your edits. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with your edits. Hope this week has gotten off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm. Maybe that's why I've been putting off doing the revisions on my latest WIP. I've been thinking about, researching, taking notes and writing this thing for like ten years and now it's nearly finished.

    Here's to you and finishing your trilogy, something I would never attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes impromptu parties are the best. Good luck on your line edits. I can imagine how hard it can be wrapping up a trilogy. But hey, congratulations! Must be exciting. I'm in rewrite hell right now and I hope I'm not making things worse, lol! (:

      Delete
  9. Writing is a very deep experience, closing the page on a manuscript can be hard. Best of luck with your edits, blogging and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love and hate editing. It's fun to shape the story, but exhausting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete