Friday, July 19, 2013

Celebrate...New Addictions...Expressions



Today I’m celebrating the small stuff by celebrating all of you.

As I got feedback on my blogfest idea and then later, when I went to visit all of you, I realized how truly blessed I am to have each and every one of you. You make me smile just when I need it the most. Thank you.

 Another small thing to celebrate this week is I finally got together with my personal trainer this week and she’s whipping me back into shape, which is a good thing because my Aunt Jen and I are planning on running a few 5ks later this summer (waves hi).

 Also I found my latest addiction. Have any of you ever heard of travelzoo.com? It’s incredible. Basically it’s a travel site unlike any I’ve ever seen before. You punch in your email address and once a week they scour the internet for the best travel deals out there and email you the top twenty. I know, I know, no big whoop. But I’m telling you; I’m hooked. The deals range from say a safari in Africa to a dinner cruise around NYC. I’m not too far from Ohio, so I just bought a weekend away at a four star hotel for $260. Normally it would have been $480, and on top of that, they threw in a $100.00 dinner voucher. I’m planning on kidnapping my husband for his birthday- so mums the word for anyone who knows him J.

How about you- what are you celebrating this week?
 
 
The theme for express yourselves this week is What's the biggest challenge do I face socially?
 
I'm not shy, I usually do okay talking to people, but I also prefer to be alone. And the more time I seem to spend alone, the less I seem to be okay talking with people- does that make sense to anybody but me? I guess being social is something that can get rusty if not used often enough.

11 comments:

  1. I met with my personal trainer too! I have a few races this summer as well. Good luck in your training!
    I do understand you! I get the same way sorta. Sometimes I just don't want to talk. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're excited to rock your blogfest idea!
    I'll have to check out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the 5K training. I've always wanted to be a runner, but it never works out for me. I have to stick mostly to walking.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had time to get in shape for long runs again. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great website!

    Ah I need to get in shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful birthday surprise for your hubby! I hope you guys have a wonderful time. That site sounds like something I'd easily get addicted to as well...humm..... (: And good luck on your 5k! Those races can be intense. I'm not a real good runner, but I love it anyway, it's a good way to let go of daily stress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great deal for the four star hotel. Hope you have a fabulous weekend away! And well done on getting together with your personal trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That weekend away sounds like a real bargain!
    Good luck with the training and 5k running...
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kidnapping to a four star hotel - Could there be a better birthday present? Congrats on working out, and hope the blogfest goes well. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your abduction/vacation! As a teacher, I get overwhelmed sometimes by the sheer number of people I interact with on a daily basis; during the summers, I don't mind being unsocial for a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeps, personal trainers are scary! Yay for the cheap holiday site. I might have to look and see if they do one for England :)

    ReplyDelete