Monday, July 15, 2013

Advice Anyone?


Hello everyone; my weekend was the same as a lot of yours, I’d imagine; hot and hectic. It’s funny, I work out of the home less than I ever have in my life and yet I’m busier than ever. Ironic.

Work on the third book of my trilogy is going slow, but at least it’s going. I don’t know how all of you write, but for me it’s a tedious process of going over the story again and again, each time adding maybe a new scene, or a different mood. Several months and even more revisions later, I have my story. Sometimes it gets frustrating how long it takes, but as long as I see that the story is improving I keep at it.

On another note, I’m thinking about having a blogfest. I’ve never had one before, so I could really use some advice. It’s really just at the beginning stages right now, but I was thinking about making it a short story contest with prizes and then compiling all the stories into one ebook anthology that I would sell on amazon with all the profits going to Operation Purple*. Okay, so maybe I’ve been thinking it over for a while, but I have no idea how to get this thing off the ground.

 How was everyone else’s weekend? Any advice for this newbie in regards to a blogfest?

 

*Operation Purple is a free summer camp experience for children of veterans.