Thursday, September 26, 2013

Goals, How to Date a Nerd, Express, and Small Things

I know this isn't Friday yet, but I'll be on my way to Kentucky Friday morning for some more book research, so I'm posting this a smidge early.
 



Welcome to my first post on this particular topic. This is all about Goals and Dreams. The Big ones; the bigger the better: Basically-what is your biggest dream for five years down the road? For me it’s to have The Newstead Trilogy be the next great American Novel(s). Okay-so I know that’s dreaming big-okay huge, but I’m the lay it all out there or go home kind of person.

The question we’re supposed to answer on the last Friday of each month is: How are you doing with your goal? Slow, but good. The second book is coming out in November. Word is slowly getting out. I’m hoping with the coming out of Bashan, people will start to see where I’m going with this; each book things get a little deeper and darker.
 
 
Thanks to Cassie May for hosting this and congratulations on the release of her new book: How to Date a Nerd
The question is: What is the nerdiest thing about you? Probably that I don’t care what people think about me. I am who I am, and I like who I am, so if you don’t, that’s okay. I’m officially over it.
Check out Cassie's book on Goodreads:
 
 
 
The question for this week is: What author would you love to have lunch with? Living or Dead? Living would be Stephenie Meyer. Okay I said it. I’d love to meet the mind who came up with Edward.  Dead-King David, or maybe his son, Solomon. I know, quite the contrast.
 
 
The small thing I’m celebrating this week is that I’m heading out to Kentucky tomorrow with my husband; aka the kids are staying home with Grandma. I love Kentucky, especially the Lexington area. I tend to be a visual person, so I try to make it to the locations of my novels at least once a year to keep the creative juices flowing. I CANNOT WAIT! And yes that includes all the wonderful alone time with the hubby.
How about you? Any big five year (dreams) goals? Anything nerdy you want to confess? What author would you have lunch with if you could? Celebrating any small things?
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. You shouldn't care about what anyone thinks :) Well, only what you think... lol!

    Thank you for hopping! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your husband go enjoy! And that's not nerdy - that's the best way to live your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cassie and Alex. Not caring about what others think and being who you are is far from nerdy. More people should embrace who they are and be proud of it! :D

    I confessed what makes me a nerd on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still writing on the book that's coming out in November? Regardless, godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.S. Lewis. :-)

    Glad to hear your trilogy is starting to garner attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edward and Solomon at the same table would be interesting. I think I'd go with Misha's answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try not to set long term goals since I'm too pessimistic to believe in the long term. I prefer to reach such goal incrementally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great trip! And congratulations about your trilogy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your pending book #2 release! You are well on your way :)

    ReplyDelete