Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's Up Wednesday


 

What I’ve been reading: Indie Author Survival Guide by Susan Kaye Quinn. This book is a compiling of her blog posts over the years that have to do with Indie Publishing. It is broken into segments, like a post, making it easy to go right to the part you may need help with at the moment. Very user friendly and well written.

What I’ve been writing: My book for NaNo is The Newstead Project from Steven’s perspective, so to prepare for that I’ve been writing short stories from Steven’s perspective both before Newstead and during his first 2 years. This has been really helpful in nailing down his voice.

What’s inspiring me right now: Because of the extremely dark nature of the book I’m about to write, I’ve been immersing myself in documentaries/film footage from the Holocaust, the rise of the Third Reich, etc.  Not really fun, but necessary.

What else I’ve been up to: Biting my nails. Seriously. This waiting for release day is grueling stuff.

 

I know I’ve been skimping a bit on my twelve days till release day, and I apologize for that. I promise on day twelve (Friday) I’ll have some news that will make up for it.


 

10 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all you're doing! And I agree with Alex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    *Nimli Giveaway Prize Package on my Blog*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You heard it, she loved your post. Totally read the whole thing. I bet she loved the part about the Holocaust and the Third Reich.

      Delete
  3. NoNo starts tomorrow!!! Oh my gosh- I'm so excited!!!
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of that book before and I need to look into it. I'm grateful that nail biting has never been

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with release day - and with your research into such dark stuff. You're right, it IS worth it, even if it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to study so thoroughly in troubling material if you're going to tap it for your art. That will hopefully lead to more respectful and comprehensive representations.

    I may miss your Friday news, but I hope it's good. Let your nails go! I'm sure the release will be fine.

    ReplyDelete