Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Indie Life and What's Up Wednesday




Welcome to Indielife Wednesday, this wonderful event takes place the second Wednesday of each month thanks to http://indeliblewriters.blogspot.com , a collection of amazing indie writers.

Today I’m going to point out a fellow blogger that has been instrumental to me figuring out this whole blogging/writing/publishing thing. Susan Kaye Quinn. Many of you probably follow her and know exactly what I’m talking about. With seventeen indi-published books, this woman is a wealth of information, which she is very generous with sharing. And now she has a book to prove it. Earlier this month Indie Author Survival Guide was released. I don’t know exactly when because it wasn’t on blogs or anything else like that, it just silently made its way into the world. I picked it up on my kindle last week, but haven’t read it yet, but plan to within the next week, so stop back for that review next Friday.

 


What I’ve been reading: Just finished Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn (that’s how I found out about her survival guide-those what else you might like by this author tab on amazon’s site is always so helpful) This book is the first in a trilogy that has all the books released already, so I can just go right onto the next one without the wait. I love that. Look for a review of this book here on Friday.

What I’ve been writing: Well I did it. I faced that blank screen and started writing. It happened in the flukiest of ways. I had a dream the other night and it was about a book I’d written two NaNoWriMos ago. I never did anything with it, it’s just been collecting “dust” in my computer. But this dream was from a completely different characters perspective. And it got my blood boiling in a very good way. I grabbed my journal and jotted down some notes and later that day had 1,600 words on that blank screen. It felt fabulous.  

What’s inspiring me right now: Getting ready for NaNo. This year I’ll be going to my local meet and greets for the first time. Can’t wait for that collective energy.

What else I’ve been up to: Very Deep into homeschooling right now. It’s so wonderful to see your child’s face light up when they read the same books you loved as a child.

9 comments:

  1. I can't imagine writing that many books.
    Glad the dream fired you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when dreams give me ideas, even better when they help me to go back to something I haven't worked on in a while. Good luck getting ready for NaNo! I haven't even started my planning yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, dreams...

    Susan's Mindjack series is pretty stellar. That first book really just took me places I hadn't anticipated--the twists and turns! Whew! Awesome.

    Way to get back into writing, and home schooling... Yeah, I need to be better--like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NaNo for the first time after procrastinating for YEARS. It was so awesome getting together with my local WriMos. That was my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when inspiration strikes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to have such an inspiring dream! I hope drafting goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief! 17 books?

    I'm on my way to find that white page myself. I kept putting it off by blog surfing, but now that I read that you worked past it, I have to go write too.

    Sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seventeen books. I feel like I'm speaking off her with zero books to my name. Time to get in that. That black outrage is just taunting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1,600 words is a great haul for one sitting! I'd love that to be my average. Congratulations, and good luck on NaNo!

    ReplyDelete