Friday, October 18, 2013

Express Yourself and Celebrate the Small Things



Express Yourself question for this week: What was your favorite Halloween costume? For the last few years or so my brother and sister in law have had these amazing (and I mean amazing) Halloween parties. We, my husband and me, usually dress like a couple. Don’t ask me why. Anyway, probably my favorite was when we went as Gomez and Morticia Adams. We went all out- wig, make-up, everything. Sorry, I don’t have a picture for that one.

What is your favorite costume?

 


The small things I’m celebrating this week are not really small. I approved the final copy of Bashan, so it’s all set to be released on November 1st. Talk about a weight off. I hate deadlines.

I discovered a black walnut tree in our backyard and spent almost all day yesterday scrubbing the hulls of those little babies. It turns out they’re called black walnuts for a reason, because my hands look like something out of a horror film. It’s kind of funny going to stores with my hands like this. The cashiers look at me like I have the plague.
 
 
And my husband's aunt Passed away last night. She will be missed.