Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What Music Moves You?


I’m taking a day off from Survivor Tuesday, I hope you don’t mind. The truth is, the weekend just slipped by and when I woke up today, I realized I never researched the permanent structures I was going to discuss.
So, instead, I’m talking about music. Not in the broad sense of the word, but how it relates to your writing. Do you listen to music when you write, and if so which type?
For me it changes more with my mood than with the story. When I first started writing Newstead, I listened to Tenth Avenue North over and over again. Then it moved onto Skillet, followed by Third Day. Now I’m kind of in-between. I write in silence. I wonder what that says about my mood.

4 comments:

  1. I usually write to Skrillex. I don't know why, I guess the music organizes my mind somehow.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of them before; I'll have to check them out.

      Delete
  2. I'm a professional musician (violinist, violist, and pianist), so I'm easily distracted when I hear music. I can't write and listen to music at the same time. I need silence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no musical talent whatsoever, which really makes me appreciate people who do.

      Delete