Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Break


Good Afternoon everyone,
I am taking a break from writing until after Easter, not from blogging, but from writing. I’m kind of in a nice spot right now, done with the first book, waiting for the second one from my editor, and working on revisions for my third, which really isn’t due for six months at least, so I decided to take a break.
This is actually a really big deal for me. I haven’t taken a break in two years and seven months (There was this time when we went to Disney, but I don’t count that, because that was strongly enforced by my husband.) This time it’s by me, for me, because for the first time ever, I’m not excited about writing... I still love the story and am eager to see it done, but I don’t jump out of bed in the morning scribbling down in my journal all the things Joel or Rachel might say, you know? And I think that translates in my work.
Have any of you ever done that- taken a break?

No comments:

Post a Comment