Thursday, March 14, 2013


Good morning everyone.
I’m sitting at my computer looking out over my gardens with my hands just aching to get started. March. It’s a month of waiting, of the almost but not yet. Some days it feels like spring, with the sun shining down and the crocus’ stretching up their necks to meet it. But then the next day it snows. A lot.
Actually complaining about the weather is not my point today. It’s more about anticipation. After spending a lot of time at this blogging thing I think I can safely say all of us are waiting for something. Even those of us who have achieved the holy grail of publication are still waiting. For the next book, the next something.
Today. Just for today, I am going to sit back and sip on my cup of tea and know that spring is out there somewhere, even if it’s buried under a foot of snow.

4 comments:

  1. It's coming! My daffodils are blooming here. :)

    Enjoy your day, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, I did. and some of my crocus's managed to wiggle their way through the snow, so there's hope after all.

      Delete
  2. Ew. Snow in middle March is not fun.

    Here in St. Louis, it keeps teasing us...50s one day, 30s the next. Or take today for instance. 28 degrees in the morning, and it's supposed to get up to 70 this afternoon.

    As for the waiting...I'm waiting from my publisher's editor. Seven months of waiting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from New York so snow in March isn't that unusal, or April, or sometimes May. But it annoys me just the same.

      Delete