Thursday, January 3, 2013

Can a great book be an even greater movie?


I think I finally found a time when that was true.  A bunch of us girls went out to see Les Miserables on Sunday and it was wonderful. Not an I leave the theater and never think about it again wonderful, but waking up in the middle of the night sobbing kind of wonderful.  Most of it was the superb acting. It gave a whole new dimension to Victor Hugo’s masterpiece. It also didn’t hurt that it was condensed, but that’s not the point I wanted to make here. Seeing it felt like I was living it.  
Which leads me to that point I was referring to:
Most of my readers are writers; with that in mind- would you like your book made into a movie? Why or why not?

 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait to see it!

    As for your question, yes. I would love to see my book turned into a movie. When I write, I envision my scenes as movie scripts and see them playing out. I have been inspired by things in my "movie" that would have been hidden if I had only been writing.

    Many non-readers could enjoy my book in movie form.

    Maybe it's pride, but seeing my book in theaters would be a dream come true:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you- as long as it's done right. I still cringe each time I see the first Twilght movie, knowing it could've been so much more.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for recommending this movie. My movie buddy and I were considering seeing it and didn't know if the movie version would be "worth it." We stand corrected!

    If I ever had a book turned into a movie, I'd be excited and anxious to direct it. Lol. I'd have to be walked off the set and told to let the professionals do their jobs from here, but yes, I'd be excited. :-)

    Great question!

    ReplyDelete