Friday, January 25, 2013

Blog You vs. the Real You


For my blog, I usually have a fair amount of time to think about what I want to say, and then time to edit, if necessary. In real life that’s not even remotely possible.  So in reality, I spend much more time being plagued with the oooh…shouldn’t have said thats.  How many of you wish for an edit button on life? I’m not talking specifics here; I didn’t run my mouth off last night or anything. I was just thinking about the difference between the process of writing things in a blog, where we get to be whoever we want to be, and what actually comes out of our mouths; aka who we really are.
Who are you really?
I am a Christian, a wife, a homeschooling mom, a writer, a nurse, a disorganized procrastinator, a runner, a people watcher, a traveler, a want-to-be- self-sufficient gardener, a knitter, a friend.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's probably what draws us to blogging. We have a chance to edit who we are; to think before we send those words out. Because in real life, we often miss that opportunity.
    I'm a Christian, a husband, a musician, an author, a programmer/web designer, and movie geek. Proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to have your priorites in a good order.

      Delete