Friday, May 30, 2014

The FIve Year Project


This is the last Friday of the month, which officially makes it time to review my progress on The Five Year Project. This is the brainchild of Misha Gericke, to help keep all of us focused on the bigger picture. You can join in the fun at http://sylmion.blogspot.com/

My five year goal: To have the Newstead books be the next great American novels

This was actually a very important month for me. I released two books simultaneously: Blackbird, and Revenge of the Rephaim, both of which have received initial praise. I’ve also started writing Bloodbrothers, which is the conclusion to this whole Newstead storyline I’ve been working on. At this point I’m about halfway through the rough draft stage, and I’m pretty happy with it. I’ve also started another book, Erron, which is my first non-Newstead book. It’s actually been a lot of fun to write; it’s more paranormal romance than anything, and I’ve found that by writing it simultaneously with Bloodbrothers, I’m able to being more of that element in that book as well. I also had my first actual release party this month, and I’ve got to say, it was a blast. I don’t know why I haven’t done these before. So, how is the goal going? In a lot of ways I feel like I’m already there. No, the Newstead books aren’t on any bestsellers lists (yet), but I’ve had people read the books and love them. And that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?

13 comments:

  1. Sometimes writing two very different stories at the same time helps both be even better. Good luck, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month has been a busy one for you! Congrats on your two releases, and I wish you much success with all of your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're busy. Good Luck with your releases and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finding bliss and having others love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had an awesome month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're getting good reviews.

    I've also found that working on two (or more) different first drafts at a time makes it easier to write all of them. I guess it's because I can let my mind mull over one while I work on another. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've been busy! Congratulations on the book releases, and best of luck with your five year goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're on the right path! Keep on moving forward and keep writing! You have a great talent. You deserve the great reviews you're getting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you. Finishing a novel is tough enough. Finishing a whole series is truly excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your releases. Great 5 year goal. Here's to reaching it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, that is what it's all about. The numbers of sales don't equal the sweetness of getting an e-mail, a review, or an encouraging word from a reader who has loved your work. Congratulations on your releases and your excellent writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful accomplishments! You're on track for your five year goals. :)

    ReplyDelete