Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Indie Life: Joint Ventures


Second Wednesday Each Month

This is the second Wednesday of the month, which makes it Indie Life day. I had to check my calendar on this one, because it feels a lot later than just the second Wednesday of May, doesn't it? Anyway...
My topic for today is Joint Ventures.  Joint Venture is a business term meaning two separate businesses coming together for a specific period of time for both businesses mutual good, and in the Indie world you see this all the time. Writers join with other writers and do a blog hop, editors offer their services in exchange for a cover design for their own books; the list goes on and on. This is huge. Because all of the sudden you don't just have one person vested in your business, you have more, and it can be a lot more. So look for it, look for businesses you can help and that can help you. Basically, I'm saying we're not as Indie as we thought, or at least we shouldn't be.

So, what do you think? Is it time for a Joint Venture?

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Melanie,

    A lot of writers are supporting each other with success, so I'd say a Joint Venture is a sensible thing. Besides, we have different skill sets that complement those of other people, so again that's an advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect.... A support system is definitely needed to succeed in this INSANE writer world. And we all have our strengths and calling upon other for them is definitely a smart thing to do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of writers are teaming up. I'm in a group. It's really useful. Then I have my team - my cover artist and my editor. Couldn't do it without any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to count the days too. This month seems like it should be almost over already.

    As indie authors, we have to depend on each other for support, both moral and technical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melanie,

    I agree--we do have to depend on each other in this indie business. Fortunately, most people seem quite reliable and helpful :)

    ReplyDelete