Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Clean







For this year’s A to Z, I will be doing a collection of flash fiction featuring Steven, the MC from Blackbird, from right before he came to Newstead through his first year there.  
Clean


Most of the houses I pass are still dark; still too early for most of them to be up for the day. I cut behind the house whose backyard butts up to the school. The school is completely dark, except for the lone light that’s been left on for me. I make my way toward it.


The doorknob that should’ve been locked twists easily in my hand. “Thanks Coach,” I mumble under my breath as I make my way to the locker room, where I know I’ll find everything I need.


There’s a bar of soap lying on top of a folded towel, same as there was yesterday, and the day before that. I grab them both and head toward the shower.


I am giving out review copies of Blackbird through Story Cartel, in exchange for Amazon Reviews (And blog reviews would be great, too) before it’s official release date on May 1st. Just a note—this story is very dark, so read with caution.  You can get your copy here  Also, Story Cartel is doing a big giveaway of its own this month, so signing up for a review of any book featured there puts your name in that pot.
Don't forget to sign up for my A to Z Rafflecopter :)


a Rafflecopter giveaway