Wednesday, March 5, 2014

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month
What is my insecurity this month? Knowing when to let go.
I am a planner. I like to think I can sit down and come up with a to-do list and that's that. I can hear all of you laughing right now. I can hear God laughing, too.

I found an old journal of mine and had the chance to read through it because (cough) my plans for this week ended up changing and I had some extra time on my hands. It was from fourteen years ago when I was in the very beginning of my battle with infertility. I had plans. Big ones. But you know what? Not one of my plans worked out the way I wanted them to. And now, fourteen years later, I can only be thankful. Because God's plans were better.

How about you--has your life worked out the way you planned?

9 comments:

  1. Some of it has worked out as I had planned, the rest of it, just the opposite. But I'm equally happy for them not working, so I guess, it's all right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why yes, I've always wanted to be a professional speaker. Not! If you'd told me that 20 years ago I would've laughed myself silly. Funny how God works things out, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not quite what I planned but most of it is even better. And I keep making new plans and revising the ones I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God always has the best plan, even if it's one we're not comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parts have worked out as planned, but there've been some major surprises along the way!!
    The Master Plan supersedes all human plans...
    HAPPY WORLD READ ALOUD DAY!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck no. I'm sure hoping something turns out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At 32, my life is very different from how I thought it would be at age 22. I have a lot of regrets, but I feel like I've learned a lot in the last ten years. It's hard for me to figure out what to do when things don't go according to plan. I'm so focused on Plan A, so to speak, that I don't always have a Plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope! I thought I'd be a ten-year veteran of publishing by now, among other things. Everything is harder than I think it's going to be. Should all be worth it someday, though. ...or so I keep telling myself. Eh heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the 29-year-old who at 14 planned to be married with at least 2 children by 30...*looks around at the void* lol

    ReplyDelete