Thursday, June 6, 2013

Heroes and VIllains


Hello, today I’m participating in the Villains and Heroes Blog fest hosted by: Jackie at www.jackiefelger.blogspot.com and Dani at www.danibertrend.blogspot.com

 
 
The Villains

Please excuse my villain choice; I’m deep in the throngs of dystopias to get my mind where it needs to be while I’m writing Rephaim, so I’ll have to say Big Brother from George Orwell’s 1984 and Napoleon from Animal Farm by the same author.  Both of these characters freak me out, mainly because they are real, or could be. In Animal Farm, you see the creation of a dictator. In 1984 you see him in full force.

The Heroes

Joel. All the way. I know I have to think that because he’s my MC, but I can’t help it. He’s the only face that comes to mind when you say the word Hero. He’s Strong. By that I mean loyal, protective, and perfectly able to defend himself and anyone else who needs it. But he’s a quiet kind of strong; a strong that doesn’t need other people to tell him who and what he is. Can you tell I have a bit of a crush on him?
 

 
The question for this week is what food could I eat every day? That’s easy: Pizza.  It’s the perfect food. Crusty bread with bubbly cheese, sweetness sauce and covered with any topping you want. Pizza is my staple, not a week goes by where I don’t have it in some form at least twice, especially in the summer when I’ve got the grill going. What could you eat everyday?

 
Stop back on Saturday for my review of The Faerie Prince by Rachel Morgan.

19 comments:

  1. See, and I abolsutely hated both of those stories for those same reasons. But I've never been an Orwell fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Bev, and viewing the two as the rise and revelry of a dictator bugs me even more. Neither does a good job at the motives or behaviors of the jerks they hate. I still like Animal Farm as a short allegory, though.

      And being in love with your own hero could help in composition! I hope Joel has treated you well.

      Delete
  2. Orwell had a power to disturb his reader like few other authors, so I'm with you on the villains! :)

    Strength can be important in a hero and loyalty too - good characteristic for picking your hero!

    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the book.
    Food i could eat- strawberries.
    ~Summer
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza is my favorite food. I could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner and never get tired of it.

    My daughter Faith is reading Animal Farm for the first time right now for school. She is only in the sixth grade and I wonder if she will be able to gleam all of the brilliant symbolism Orwell uses. Her teacher told me she thinks my daughter can definitely grasp it! We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Pizza!!

    Big Brother is scary, but I never thought about "him" as a villain. Force of evil sure, but too disembodied really to give us focus for our wrath. Hmm...but I see totally where you are coming from.

    Tim
    The Other Side

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pizza, I could eat it all day. Plus, there are so many different toppings, so you wouldn't have to have the same all the time. Mmm want some pizza now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Animal Farm freaked out many kids.
    And I could eat pizza every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wrote Joel to be the hero you'd want for your own in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see someone else picking villains from classic literature! I usually don't know modern book, movie, and tv characters from Adam in these blogfests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure about my heroes and villains--probably Frodo Baggins and Sauron :D

    Food--well, apparently I can eat oatmeal every day, because I pretty much do. Otherwise, I like the strawberries mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *waves* Hi, Melanie!

    1984 is in my top ten fave books. Excellent choices for your H & V.

    I love pizza and could eat that every day!

    Thanks for joining in on the Express Yourself Meme and the Heroes & Villains blogfest. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Top choices! Especially Big Brother... so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Animal Farm is a great book. Someone else just brought up 1984 today - today is the anniversary of it, I think the 64th anniversary of it's publishing date. I've got to look at the book again, because I can't remember if I'd read it. You'd think I was 64 going by my memory! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to admit it, but have have read neither 1984 nor Animal Farm, but I have picked up enough about them over the years to understand the points you are making. Good choices.
    Tasha's Thinkings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Animal farm freaked me out too! Lol

    I don't know that I could eat one thing too often. I get sick of it too easily. Maybe olives. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice choices! 1984 is one creepy book and so is Animal Farm. Those are some scary villains.
    And I'm glad your MC is so awesome that he's your hero!

    Pizza is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pizza!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree: PIZZA! That is what I said too!

    ReplyDelete