Wednesday, December 3, 2014

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month

Today is the first Wednesday of December, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex and friends for putting this on each month. If you want to join in on the fun, you can link to it  here

Let’s eat Grandma.  Let’s eat, Grandma.

Commas save lives. 

I saw that saying on a t-shirt once and I burst out laughing. I wanted to buy one for me, and my editor, and my high school English teacher and…

Because they’ve all said one thing about my writing: I love commas. And I do, but I also hate them. Every time I have to do an edit on my work, I will inevitably be removing a few (hundred) commas. I have no idea how they make it in there, but they do. They are the bane of my existence. They are my disease.

But, at least they’ve made a shirt for me.

What is the bane of your existence, writing or otherwise?