Wednesday, December 31, 2014

FIve Year Goals/Year in Review

Last Friday of the Month
 
Since this is the end of the year, all those participating in the Five year project will be mixing it up a bit with a year in review as well as goals for the upcoming year. If you want to visit the rest of us, or better yet join us you can find the list here 
 
Year in Review: Last year I published four books. That blows my mind as I write that. Four books. And I love each one of them; each one is something I can be proud of. Mind you, that's also in the midst of moving. I don't expect to beat that next year as far as productivity goes, but I do hope to get better at the administrative part, which leads me to...
 
Future Goals: While I had a great year writing, the marketing aspect fell by the wayside. I did soft releases on all my books, which made sense at the time because I was so busy writing the next one. This year I plan to publish less (two, possibly three) and use that extra time to promote my books and to organize the business aspect of things.
 
What are your goals for the upcoming year?
 
*By the way, thanks for all the advice on my writing space. The new nook is wonderful, thanks to you. 

11 comments:

  1. The marketing thing is important. But now you have multiple books out and they will all benefit.
    Happy New Year, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I suck at marketing personally and so it's something I need to improve on to. The problem is I am more inclined to run and hide from it. I often wonder what happened to the reclusive writers and wonder if I can bring them back lol.
    I hope you have a great new year and that you achieve your goals. Meanwhile I will be working on not running and hiding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four books and moved? Wow. I'm going to just try and keep up with all the blogging and writers' group stuff I've signed up for through next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four books. That's AMAZING, Melanie. WTG! Best wishes for your 2015 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family, Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of focusing on the marketing aspects this year. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four books!? That's a tremendous achievement. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new blog layout is fabulous, by the way. Really fabulous.

    And I can't figure out how you published four books! I published two, and a novella, and it just about destroyed my normal life routine! My goal is to publish twice this year as well, which leaves me enough time/room to really launch and release them. Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Promotion is so vital. Congrats on all of your success. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Publishing 4 books in one year! Amazing! Congratulations, now do a little marketing in between writing and you have it made.

    Good luck with the goals, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like this. I'm hoping to finish my Nano project and submit it when it's squeaky clean and resubmit shorts until they all have homes.

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete