Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Three

Just a little piece of flask for your Wednesday:



three

“Don’t make me count to three,” my mother warned.
Make her? Why would I make her? And if I do then what happens? Does the sky fall down- is that why she doesn’t want me to make her do it? Or worse- is three like a code signal for the alien invaders who are hanging back, just waiting for her to say the word?
“One,” she began, hands fixed on her hips.
Better not risk it, I thought, jumping down off my bike. The fate of the world might be riding on me.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. We'd wished it was the fate of the world. Sadly, it was only our fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very amazing, Melanie...

    I never got the actual words... it was 'The LOOK" that stopped me in my tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I always tell my kids and students don't make me count to one. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or the, "wait until your father gets home"... :-O

    ReplyDelete
  5. With me it was "count to 10"-- I guess my kids needed a few more seconds to reflect.

    ReplyDelete