Friday, January 3, 2014

Little Bit of Flash

 
Good morning everyone, well at least it’s morning when I’m writing this. I just want to take a minute to thank all of you for your kind words concerning my unit closing; they meant more than you’ll ever know.

But, it’s a new year now--time for me to put on my big girl pants and get on with it. Nursing hasn’t been my career for a while now. It’s been my job, not my career. I love to write. And now I have more time for what I love.
With that in mind, I thought I’d share one of my latest pieces of flash fiction with you:


untitled
The woman pulled the fur coat in closer, like it was still an animal, like it could still protect her. But it couldn’t. It was just as dead as she was about to be.

And just like that fox, long gone, she didn’t suspect the gravity of the situation she was in until it was too late. There was nervousness, of course, there is always bound to be that when someone steps into the elevator with you and quickly pushes the button to close the door. But rest assured there will always be rational thoughts to overcome those nerves. Perhaps he was just in a hurry.  And as he turned to face her, knowing he was stronger, knowing she didn’t stand a chance, those rational thoughts slipped away, too late to be of good use to anyone. 

 If you want to read more of my flash you can find it  here  on wattpad.

6 comments:

  1. Uh-oh! *shudders* Sounds ominous...

    Popping in to wish you a happy, peaceful and productive 2014, Melanie!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tired enough to imagine those dark moments. May you have a better evening than her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me even more afraid of elevators! Well written, as always Mel.

    ReplyDelete