Friday, January 17, 2014

Celebrate and Express

 


Meme's

The small things I'm celebrating is that I got my lazy butt running again. My Aunt Jen (waves hi) and I are doing a 5k this summer and I haven't ran at all for over three months. Not good. So on Tuesday I started again, at the beginning. Hopefully by June, I'll be back where I was. Also, this was my son's birthday week. Four years ago yesterday, that little surprise came into our lives, and four years ago today he was given back. Without going into too many details, we almost lost him the day after he was born. I just hold that little guy so close and thank God for the little miracle that was given to me twice.

The question for this week is: What movies are you planning to watch in theaters this year? I'm not a movie in theaters kind of person, unless it's something I really have to see. I'm sure I'll go see God's Not Dead, and Mockingjay, but as for the rest, I'll probably wait for the DVD. With one exception: I love the Drive-In. I try to go at least 3-4 times a summer and I'll probably end up going more this year due to the no job thing. For that, I pick from their list and just go.

What are you celebrating this week? What movies are you planning on going to see? Ever been to a Drive-In?

12 comments:

  1. Glad you're running again.
    Happy birthday to your miracle boy.
    And my list of movies is very long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on running again - getting started is the hardest part, so hopefully you'll be ready for that 5k in no time. Happy Birthday to your little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep at it and you'll build your running legs back up again.

    I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for starting again! I got back to my exercise routine too. I always feel better when I get regular exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go to the theater so rarely. Last thing I saw was The Hobbit so I'm not sure even what is coming out this year. Happy birthday to your son. Been doing the treadmill myself since it's cold though I hate it. Can't wait until it warms up enough to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE the drive-in! So much fun. I can't wait for summer and warm temps. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, doing a 5K after not running much? You're much tougher than I am, Melanie! I'm pushing myself to exercise as hard as I can in my health. Dropped six pounds so far, so it's not all bad.

    There are very few movies I want to see in theatres right now. I'm probably going for Godzilla, and maybe Captain America 2 and The Raid 2 if it's released widely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your 5K! My husband and I ran one on New Year's Day - we'll have to try another one when it's not 25 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, forgot - we saw The Hobbit. My son will make us go see Godzilla.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your son! Yay for getting back to running! I never go out to movies anymore...just wait for them to come on satellite tv. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your son!! and hurrah for getting back into running.

    ReplyDelete