Wednesday, December 4, 2013

ISWG. What's Up Wednesday


ISWG

What do you do when your character dies in real life?

I’m going to get a little freaky here, so forgive me, but I’m having a bit of a hard time with Paul Walker dying. It’s not that I was a fan or anything like that; it’s that he was Gerrard, one of the MCs in my Newstead books. I’ve looked at pictures of his face almost every day for a year. And now he’s dead. I can’t get my arms around it. I know a lot of you do what I do- have pictures of who your MC looks like to refer to for inspiration, but what do you do when that person dies? If you know, please tell me, because I am at a total loss.

 


What I’m reading: I won the complete Thirteenth Floor series by Christine Rains during the Realms Faire, so I’ve been reading The Dragonslayer. So far I really like it; just what my mind needed after Malcolm Goodwell- some good old-fashioned  paranormal romance.

What I’m writing: The Guardian- which is The Newstead Project from Steven’s perspective. It was my NaNo novel so that means I’ll spend the next 4-5 months filling in all the plot holes and inconsistencies.  All that being said, I still love it- might be my favorite so far.

What’s inspiring me: Music. I’m feeling a little soulful lately, so I’m back to listening to Warren Barfield.

What else I’m up to right now: Writing, finishing up the last month of working as a nurse, and- will you believe it- registering to go back to school. You’ll never guess what for. I’ll tell you in next Wednesday’s post.

Sorry this is so late in the day- I can only blame this crazy life of mine.