Friday, December 13, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things and Express Yourself



Today I'm celebrating snow. I like the stuff, at least until about mid-January, then you can have it. But for now, so close to Christmas, I say let it snow!



The topic for this week is to list something I always look forward to this time of year:
Christmas. We spend the whole month getting ready, between decorating, and cookie baking, and everything else in-between. This Sunday, my sisters, mom, and I are going on our annual Christmas shopping outing. Very little shopping ever gets done, but we spend all day doing it. And there's usually food involved. And wine. It's lovely.

Speaking of wine. I mentioned last week that I was going back to school starting this January, and I am, to the new Culinary Institute in Niagara Falls. I am going to become a Winemaker. Seriously- how fun does that sound? My classes will be things like food and wine pairing, where we'll go to local restaurants and the chefs will make specialty dishes for us to sample along with local made wines. I think I may have picked the only college degree available where you need a designated driver to get home from your classes. Needless to say, I can't wait.

How about you- what do you look forward to this time of year?