Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's Up Wednesday


What I've been reading: Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I seriously love this book. It is intelligent and thought provoking. I've been leaning more towards the non-fiction lately, I really don't know why. I tend to go in phases like that. I'm sure eventually my mind will feel like it wants to explode with all this new information and I'll have to read something strictly for pleasure.

What I've been writing: I'm on the last week of NaNo, so I'm working like crazy on The Guardian, which is Steven's version of The Newstead Project. I'll probably get to 50,000 by midnight on Friday, but since none of my books are actually 50,000 words long, I'll probably be working just as hard on it on Saturday.

What's inspiring me right now: Thankfulness. I'm really in that mindset right now. Even with the closing of my unit and all the stress that goes along with it, I'm feeling really blessed right now.

What else I've been up to: I'm working on Thanksgiving, so I was able to opt out of turkey making duty, which has me just bringing a pie and the infamous green been casserole to my parent's house. The part of the world I live in is covered in snow right now, the nice thick kind, so my kids are getting ready to go outside to build a snowman, and I think I might join them.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?


8 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving.
    Keep writing and hit that 50,000 words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, Melanie,

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Congrats on your success with NaNo... That is so cool that you still on top of it.

    As for me, I am thankful for returning back to the states from Colombia. It was a unique and very INTERESTING trip. Had to great highs and a few lows, but overall the experience was one of a kind. Now that I am home, I am thrilled to be able to pick up my life again and dive right into my work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have to work. Lame.

    This year I am so thankful for good music, an amazing family, and the chance to see a dream realized. Life doesn't get much better, eh? Unless there's cheese. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finishing NaNo, and your novel! Have a great Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful that I get the weekend off for Thanksgiving; I even let myself do some early Christmas shopping today. The day before Thanksgiving at the mall actually isn't nearly as chaotic as the day after Thanksgiving. And good luck on your book! I'm sure it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In this case, I hope there isn't a Friday post from you. Good luck on that Friday goal for hitting your 50,000 words. I hope they're ones you love. Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for too much to go over it here, but I want to say that I really need to get into Gladwell. I've started at least one of his books, and I think it was Outliers. At any rate, the man has a great thing going for him, as I know he's so original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making a Snow Man is one of my dream,I hope that I can experience White Christmas.
    hope you can visit my Celebrate Small Things

    ReplyDelete