Friday, November 15, 2013

Express Yourself, Celebrate the Small Things, Realms Faire



The question for this week is: What are the tip five TV shows you're watching right now? A lot of what I watch right now is just because my husband is watching something and I want to spend time with him. And that tends to be stuff like Duck Dynasty, Mountain Men, Moonshiners, Doomsday Preppers, and Alaska, the Last Frontier. But after he goes to bed, and it's just me...I put on The Big Bang Theory.


Right now, I'm 24,000 words into NaNo, and I really like where the story is going. The plot is strong, and I'm in-love with at least three of the characters. On another note, I don't know whether this is something to celebrate or not, but I will officially be a full time writer in January. God is giving me the big push. The psychiatric unit I've worked at for the last five years is closing.  I will no longer be a nurse/writer on the side. Scary, but good.
 
Don't forget about the Realms Faire! Today is the last day for some great prizes!
 
 
 
What are you celebrating today? Have you ever made that leap into full-time writing (if you wanted to or not) What are your top five favorite TV shows?


9 comments:

  1. Ooh full time writer, that's scary stuff! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good shows. My husband watches those too. lol. What we do to spend a little time with them.
    I could never be a full time writer. The thought makes me nervous.
    Thanks for kind words you left on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started watching Dexter recently, and it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the leap into full time writer a few months ago. Very happy with it though I'm not getting rich. I have no favorite TV shows in common with you. I've been watching, Once Upon a Time, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, White Collar and Haven. All have hot guys in common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am celebrating how God has brought me this far. And He will carry me the rest of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm celebrating defining my goals. Hmm....TV for me includes TV series on Netflix. Continuum, Once, Flying Alaska, Alphas and The Walking Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I don't even have a top five. I've only really been watching Adventure Time, which is absolutely delightful. I need to get back onto Legend of Korra, but its quality has been so down this season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melanie,

    First off, congrats on your NaNo count! Second, congrats on becoming a full-time writer! Scary, I know, but at the rate you're going, it should start taking off anytime, now.

    And it sounds like your husband is a Grizzly Adams kind of guy. :) Keep writing!

    M.L. Swift, Writer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Nano wordcount and on becoming a full time writer. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete