Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Transparency


Yesterday I was attempting to write my Author Bio for my book and really had a hard time with it. To start with I hate talking about myself; even these blog posts are a bit stretching for me. I almost never post on Facebook. Really half the time I wonder -who really cares that I took the kids to Aldi today?
Anyhow…
I was writing my Author Bio page and when I had a rough draft done, I showed it to my oldest daughter (14) who is one of my most brutally honest critics. She took one look at it and laughed, “Whose life are you writing about? It sounds like a fantasy to me.”
I looked at it again. Okay maybe it was a bit of a stretch to say I spend most of my time reading to my children under the reading tree… but there was that one time- Remember?
So I ditched that one and went for draft number two. That one was only slightly better.  So my question for today is- How transparent are you? Do you let others see who you really are- flaws and all?
The answer for me, as evidenced by the paper littered around my floor, is an unfortunate no.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Okay, but you posted honestly about it here, so all is good. ;) I think everyone does that to some extent. And seriously, how do you sum up a real, chaotic, honest-to-goodness life in one short bio? You have to kind of fake it a little, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, but my life's goal is to be as real as possible, so I'm kind of glad my daughter called me on it. Thanks for stopping by and have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete