Thursday, December 27, 2012

Have you heard the one about the blonde?


I haven’t actually. I’ve noticed that a lot of the books I’ve read recently have anything but blonde MCs. I’m not criticizing; my own books don’t have any blonde characters in them.
 I wonder why.
I myself am a blonde, my sisters are all blonde, dido with the kiddos- Which means with the exception of my husband and my dad, all the most important people in my life are blondes. So you’d think somewhere blondes would find a place in my books.  I don’t know what the reason is for everyone else, but I’ve lived through the stereotypes, I know what a blonde is supposed to be and it’s nothing pretty, let me tell you. Clueless, ditzy, and just plain dumb are the last things I want my MCs to be.
How about you? Have you heard or written any good blonde stories lately?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't written a lot of blondes, but I'm a brunette, my sisters, kids, etc. are all brunettes. I was actually just thinking about this a couple days ago! That is totally the reason I tend to go dark, and I need to stop it. I think my next MC might just be blonde. :)

    ReplyDelete